Health and Safety Support Officer
2 days left
- Full Time
Health & Safety Support Officer (10/95)
£25,509 - £27,498
This is a full time post with the post-holder will assist the Communities Directorate in fulfilling its obligations under all relevant Health & Safety legislation.
The main responsibilities of the post holder will be:
• To be responsible for the development, implementation, delivery of our health and safety action plans in line with relevant legislation and the statutory duty of care.
• To ensure compliance with the Council's Health and Safety Policy, Communities safety policies and all relevant statutory provisions.
• Identifying and prioritising risks within all areas of the Directorate.
• Developing, reviewing and implementing management arrangements within Communities Directorate
• To provide competent instruction and guidance in relation to Health and Safety matters to the Director, Heads of Service, Service Managers and Staff.
• To be the point of contact from Communities with the corporate Health and Safety team.
The primary focus will be to drive the implementation of Health & Safety audit recommendations and in developing and implementing the resultant Action Plans.
The successful candidate must:
• hold a NEBOSH Certificate in Health & Safety (Level 3) or similar
• have had responsibility for Health & Safety matters within an organisation
• have knowledge of Health & Safety legislative and operational issues
• have knowledge of the Communities Directorate
• meet the other essential requirements, as detailed in the attached Person Specification for the post
A current driving licence is an essential requirement of this post. However, if you have a disability which precludes you from holding a driving licence consideration will be given if alternative transport can be arranged.
For further information please contact: Serena Dunlop, Directorate Business Manager on 07825 712 123 or internal ext. 62822.
Health & Safety Support Officer JD.pdf
Health & Safety Support Officer PS.pdf