Senior Nursing Care Assistant (SNCA)
Job Title: Senior Nursing Care Assistant (SNCA)
Hours Per Week: FT Days/Nights
Location: North Merchiston Care Home, 34 Watson Crescent, Edinburgh EH11 1HF
Rate Of Pay: GBP9.45ph
Please Apply Online
Four Seasons Health Care are an award winning provider of Care Home Services across the UK. As the UK`s largest provider of Care Home Services we are always looking to strengthen our amazing staff teams and have an opportunity at North Merchiston Care Home for Senior Nursing Care Assistants (SNCA) to join our team.
What`s On Offer?
We provide a variety of competitive benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a bespoke development program, childcare vouchers and an employee discount scheme. Plus free parking and uniforms where applicable.
Also on offer is an amazing career path for those looking to advance their careers into Nursing, Management or Operational Support.
So as a Senior Nursing Care Assistant what do you need to do to make this happen?
- Ensure the delivery of quality of care by continually assessing our residents needs and wishes
- Develop, review and update care plans to meet our clients changing physical, social and psychological needs
- Communicate professionally and warmly with visitors and family, and other health care professionals
- Undertake all aspects of medicine management in line with regulatory and company requirements, ensuring medicines are appropriately stored and administered.
- Promote high standards of care by ensuring all staff are supervised appropriately and shifts run in a smooth and efficient manner
- Promote the Home in a professional manner, by becoming actively involved in raising awareness of the Home within the local community
- Undertake simple dressing changes, ensuring residents receive timely prescribed wound dressing`s changes.
In order to achieve this our Senior Nursing Care Assistant should have:
A positive attitude and wholly adopt a person centered approach; showing compassion and a desire to make a difference. Show leadership qualities, and be willing to take ownership for the delivery of quality care. Our senior nursing care assistants must hold a minimum of NVQ level 3 or SVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care and have a legal right to work in the UK.
As a senior nursing care assistant you will support the registered nurse in the running of the shift, whilst showing warmth and support to our residents and their families; helping to promote independence and dignity and positively enhancing the lives of individuals in our care.
Four Seasons Health Care provide a variety of competitive benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension scheme, a bespoke development program, childcare vouchers and an employee discount scheme. Plus free parking and uniform where applicable.