Head Teacher, Toronto PS Livingston, 41.17, CD 27/08/17
6 days left
- Full Time
Head Teacher, Toronto Primary School, Livingston, 35 hours per week, closing date 27th August 2017
Toronto Primary is a non-denominational primary school serving the local community of Howden and Ladywell. The current roll is 276 and there is a 30/30 nursery which is usually full over the course of the school year. The school role fluctuates resulting in the re-organisation of classes from session to session. This session the structure will reduce from twelve classes to eleven. When pupils are required to move to a new class organisation, care is taken to ensure that this is a smooth transition and that pupils are building on previous learning, particularly within literacy and numeracy.
Vision, Values and Aims
Learning and Teaching
- To ensure a broad and balanced curriculum that provides young people with the best possible learning opportunities and experiences.
- To provide the highest quality of learning and teaching experiences that enable pupils to enjoy their education and develop positive attitudes towards learning.
Vision and Leadership
- To ensure that all learners are able to realise their potential through the promotion and recognition of achievement and excellence.
- To improve the quality of experiences for learners through a programme of continuing professional development for all staff.
- To promote and develop leadership at all levels
- To build and maintain effective partnerships between the school and its parental body, external support agencies and its wider community.
- To continually develop approaches to strengthen partnerships to improve outcomes for all pupils.
- To develop in our pupils, creativity and ambition through the curricular and extra-curricular experiences offered by the school.
- To provide effective support systems for all learners, which holistically promote personal and social development and underpin academic achievement
Culture and Ethos
- To provide a welcoming, safe and caring environment in which each pupil is valued and supported.
- To ensure that all learners are able to experience a calm, positive and safe environment that promotes good behaviour, self-discipline and respect for others.
- To provide pupils with opportunities to develop knowledge, skills and understanding in relation to their duties and responsibilities of citizenship in a democratic society.
West Lothian Council are committed to far reaching changes to the way we deliver our Education Services. These changes include giving you the support and environment that you need to get on with your job and develop your abilities. Our dedication is demonstrated by the whole council achievement of the Investors in People Standard and always aiming a little higher in our service delivery and improvements.
A relevant teaching qualification and registration with the General Teaching Council for Scotland is essential.
This post is considered Regulated Work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scotland Act 2007. From 28 February 2011 preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.
41.17 Head Teacher - Toronto PS.pdf