HGV / LGV Mechanic required in Motherwell
Are you an experienced HGV Technician looking to further you skills or take on a fresh new challenge?
Are you looking to earn a basic of GBP30,000 with excellent bonuses and overtime opportunities (all depending on your experience)?
If yes, then this might be the role for you!
Due to the success within this ever expanding company, our client is looking to recruit an experienced HGV Technician to join their Service Team.
This is a great opportunity for a HGV Technician who has experience in the maintenance and servicing of fleet vehicles and has the ability to also maintain and service articulated units and trailers.
The Job Role:
- Servicing and maintaining all vehicles for the business (HGV / Commercial Vehicles / LGV and trailers within the company's fleet)
- Carrying out preventative planned maintenance
- Undertaking remedial action/repairs required to ensure the continued services of the company
- Completing all required MOTs before deadlines
- Adhering to company health and safety policies and procedures at all times
- Working a shift pattern of 06:00 - 14:00 and 13:00 - 22:00 on a rotating shift pattern. No Weekend work is required unless advised.
Experience / Requirements:
- Apprentice trained and qualified to City & Guilds / NVQ / SVQ Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Mechanics, Maintenance & Repair or equivalent
- We may consider opening the role to 'time served' HGV Fitters who can demonstrate the right attitude and commitment to the industry
- A clean driving licence is essential with a HGV category C+E entitlement being advantageous but not essential
- Good analytical skills enabling you to make accurate decisions and to draw appropriate conclusions when servicing and repairing vehicles
- Operating as a team player but also working on your own initiative