Director - Financing Operations Middle Office
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Operations division is both the first line of defence for protecting Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being, and an essential partner contributing to the firm's growth. Facing off to all Morgan Stanley businesses and interacting with all other parts of the Firm, the Operations division supports a complex, multi-faceted portfolio of businesses in full compliance with regulatory guidelines and the directives of the Operating Committee and Board of Directors.
Members of the Operations team have a unique vantage point as the division touches all parts of the business, front to back. One of the largest divisions in the firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually strive to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
ISG Product Operations encompasses two functionally aligned organisations. The first, Trading & Client Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support of activity executed by Institutional Sales & Trading. The second, Clearing Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support for activity cleared by Morgan Stanley on behalf of our clients in Prime Brokerage, Listed Derivatives, and OTC Derivatives. The broad organisation partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external. ISG Product Operations partners closely with Shared Services and Banking Operations as well as Branch Operations and Operations Risk & Control to deliver a connected 'front to back' view of operations to ISG Sales and Trading.
The Financing Operations team in Glasgow is responsible for Trade capture, exposure and lifecycle management for BRM's securities lending and secured financing portfolio. Financing Operations also have oversight of BRM's Client and Lender Relationship management as well as being responsible for the Client Connectivity agenda. Financing Operations in Glasgow support the BRM Business Units in Tokyo, London and New York. In addition to the Financing Operations team in Glasgow, there are also teams based in London, Hong Kong, Chennai, Baltimore and New York.
The primary responsibilities of the Financing Operations Middle office role include management and supervision of the following tasks:
- Account Initiation and Maintenance
- Trade life-cycle adjustments and Bookings
- Position Balancing and exception management
- Control and oversight of vendor: trade life cycle adjustments and account opening.
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators and Key Risk Indicator benchmarks are met
- Ensure all Written Supervisory Procedures, Legal documentation, Process Maps and System access requirements are up to date.
- Produce management reporting information to ensure processes are recorded and all key controls are delivered
Skills required (essential):
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A good aptitude for working in a demanding, fast paced environment
- An ability to handle high volume workloads and prioritisation skills
- Flexibility with regards to hours worked
- A good approach to change management on account of the teams continual growth and development
- Strong communication skills as you will be expected to develop relationships with the vendor & the Business Unit
- An understanding of escalation
- An ability to handle working in a pressurised environment
- A desire to question existing procedures and continually seek to improve processes
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-AM1