Small Building Works Technician / Multiskilled Trades / Joiner
Job Title: Small Building Works Technician
Location: Edinburgh & Lothians
Salary: £25,500 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: 33 days holiday, Pension and Private Healthcare after 3 months, Company Van
The company is one of the UK's leaders in providing innovative construction and engineering solutions for clients within a variety of sectors including Retail, Health, Education, and Commercial.
The role presents a fantastic opportunity for an experienced multi-skilled technician to join this well-established business with an impressive portfolio of clients.
Suitable candidates should have gained previous experience within the following areas:
- Providing proactive and multi-discipline maintenance service to stores, joinery and general maintenance work experience in a retail environment is essential with plumbing experience being advantageous.
- Assessing the requirements of works and carry out repairs as and when necessary.
- Prioritising maintenance and repair works to achieve agreed timescales of our clients and response times is an essential factor and previous experience in this environment is favourable.
- Identifying non-repairable issues and escalating to Line Management with recommendations regarding suitable alternatives.
- Carrying out minor alterations and installations in accordance with current specifications.
- The position may requires an element of travel across the contract in Scottish regions.
- On Call is also a requirement of the position.
- IT literacy, use of tablet technology is essential regards updating and completing works.
Holding a NVQ Level 3 in Carpentry & Joinery (or equivalent), CSCS Skillcard and SSSTS would be advantageous for this role.
The company is a constantly growing and evolving family; they believe in and invest in ongoing training for all, enabling every member of the family to learn and develop their skills. Because of this, no role description is exhaustive, and after consultation with you, some changes may occur to any role description as time progresses. This helps the company to remain open to new ideas, and helps to ensure that you are fulfilled within your role whilst meeting the needs of the company.
To apply for this role please select the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with the relevant job titles and experience of; Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Support, Joiner, Tradesperson, Carpenter, Multiskilled Tradesperson, may also be considered for this role.