DuPont Teijin Films is the world’s leading supplier of PET and PEN polyester films. Over 2,500 people work with us around the world while, here in Dumfries, our team of over 200 operate a modern, efficient polymer and film manufacturing operation.
We currently have the following opportunities at our Dumfries site:
We have exciting opportunities for Shift Production Technicians. This role is critical in helping us achieve and maintain operational excellence in production, along with safety, hygiene, quality and efficiency goals whilst ensuring all products are produced in line with company and customer requirements. Production Technicians use strong decision-making and technical skills to undertake key responsibilities and ensure continuous production.
In this role the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Operate machines to expected standards, drive process changeovers and make decisions at line level to achieve Key Performance Indicators and ensure that the daily schedule is met, through striving for maximum operational efficiency and quality.
- Monitor operating parameters of equipment and maintaining an accurate log of abnormalities and report deviations/process interruptions.
- Lead fault diagnosis using root-cause thinking, repairs, checks/inspections and presenting at performance reviews.
- Monitor equipment performance, resolving minor breakdowns and carrying out basic maintenance, escalating to the Maintenance department as appropriate.
- Seek and drive continuous improvement projects using Lean manufacturing tools and techniques bringing about improvements in working practices to eliminate waste and reduce variation.
- Work with cross functional teams during investigations into internal losses and external complaints to come up with solutions and improvements from the ground floor up to prevent reoccurrences.
- Perform quality inspections and audits and record data as required to ensure product quality and standards delivery.
- Degree/HNC in relevant subject (or desire to develop to this level) or suitable relevant experience in a continuous manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience in manufacturing would be an advantage and you’ll ideally have been formally trained in either mechanical systems, operations, fault-finding, continuous improvement and lean manufacturing methods.
- Health & Safety knowledge and experience / Safety conscious.
- Awareness of Quality and Hygiene systems (ISO / GMP).
- Good knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office / SAP / IT systems.
- The technical competence to develop know-how to optimise production performance and develop and follow technical procedures.
- Ability to plan and priorities workloads in line with Key Performance Indicators.
We are looking for candidates who have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a can-do attitude and real enthusiasm for solving problems and taking on new challenges. You will have a strong performance orientation and be able to react effectively to emerging issues and take action to remain on track to meet objectives.
Comprehensive training & development will be given to successful candidates including support to take on relevant academic qualifications.
These roles come with a very competitive remuneration package dependent on skills and experience including company share scheme, company pension and health cover.
To apply for these positions, please visit our website by the “Apply” button on this page and apply online as follows: Production Technician: PR000008188.