Management Accountant BLUM51418
Our client is currently recruiting for a Management Accountant in Larbert. This is an exciting role in which reports to the Head of Management Reporting.
Our client employs over 2,500 staff based across depots and offices throughout the UK from the Scottish Highlands to the Channel Islands.
They recruit sales staff to sell their fuel, oils and lubricants as well as drivers to deliver the products to their customers base. Their customers range from individual home owners, to farmers, to small or large businesses alike! Also essential to their business are their management teams and colleagues within the business support services such as Marketing, HR, Finance, IT, Health and Safety and Legal. They also have a dedicated team of service engineers who work within Team Energy. Key to their success are their people and their learning and development team ensure they nurture their talent and support their colleagues with their career aspirations through platforms such as Inspire, WOW training courses and apprenticeship programmes.
The primary responsibilities include;
- Providing consistent, accurate & timely financial information for areas of responsibility (regions, overheads, departments, sectors)
- Input into Forecasting and Budgeting cycles, including analysis of underlying run rates, identifying non-recurring items and anticipating future trends etc
- Maintaining the proper control environment and documented procedures including balance sheet reconciliations and supporting analysis
- Collation & disseminate of monthly reports
- Ad-hoc finance requests & projects as designated by the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
- Providing support to the Finance Business Partners & Leadership team (may be a small level of travel within the UK required)
To succeed, you will need to demonstrate the following skills/experience;
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Excellent Computer skills (Excel & financial ledger systems).
- Cognos experience including development skills would be a significant advantage
- Commercial awareness and the ability to communicate with non-financial stakeholders & senior management
- Display a pro-active, problem solving & flexible approach
- Be willing to work individually & as part of a team on delegated tasks
- Possess a recognised CA/ACCA/CIMA Qualification with at least 3-5 years post qualifying experience
If you would like to join our client and have the necessary skills, experience and qualifications, then they would love to hear from you!
The closing date for this role is 7th August 2017.
Our client is an Equal Opportunities Employer
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email