Primary School Support Assistant, Arngask Primary School, Glenfarg (PKC03403)
Primary School Support Assistant (PKC03403)
£12,995 - £13,994 (35 hours per week, term-time only)
Arngask Primary School, Glenfarg
At Arngask Primary, we are committed to developing an exciting and challenging curriculum, a provision of high quality learning experiences for all children that is inclusive of all within our school community. The vacancy involves supervising pupils in the dining hall and in the playground.
We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic Primary School Support Worker to join our team.
Knowledge & Experience
You need to have experience with ParentPay,Seemis and Peecos.
• You must have good organisation and administrative skills.
• You must be able to use ICT including Word & Excel for a variety of purposes.
• You must be able to keep financial records.
• You must be able to handle cash.
• Ideally you will have a relevant Professional Development Award or equivalent.
• Ideally you will have knowledge of child protection issues.
• Ideally you will have previous experience of working in a primary school.
• Ideally you will have a first aid certificate.
• You must be able to build and maintain positive relationships with children, colleagues and parents.
Health & Safety
• You must be able to cope with the demands of the job and attend on a regular basis.
• You must have an awareness of Health and Safety Issues as they affect you and others and comply with all relevant Health and Safety legislation.
Equality & Dignity at Work
• You must be able to treat children, colleagues, parents and the community in accordance with the Council's policies on equalities and dignity at work.
• You must be able to communicate effectively with children, colleagues and parents verbally and in writing.
• You will have a flexible attitude to sharing duties.
• You must be willing to work indoors and outdoors.
• You will be committed to the wider life of the school.
Achievement of Results
• You will contribute to the performance and good reputation of the school by achieving team objectives and priorities.
• You will demonstrate personal commitment to tasks and objectives, routinely delivering a first class service to all customers.
• You will demonstrate a willingness to work in a collaborative environment.
Decision Making & Problem Solving
• You must be able to work independently and use your initiative.
When completing your application for this post, please ensure you provide contact details (preferably e-mail addresses) for two referees. One should be your current or most recent employer.
For further information please contact Marie Lyon, Headteacher on 01577 867250.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Online facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross.
If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
This job may have been mainly carried out by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements irrespective of your gender.
Primary School Support Assistant - GE2.doc