Would you love to benefit from being able to work flexible hours, as part of a successful business that offers attractive rewards? If so, and you’re experienced project management professional who would welcome the opportunity to develop your career further, then this fantastic opportunity to be part of the winning team at Gladman is not to be missed.
Who will I be working with?
Gladman Scotland is a sister company of Gladman Land, the UK’s most successful land promoter, and is part of the wider respected Gladman Group which has been thriving in the development industry for over 30 years. With offices in Scotland, North West England, and North East England, the business acquires sites nationwide and a significant number of these are contracted and sold within a 2-year period.
The quality focused, family run Gladman Group continues to make significant investment into employees and commercial projects, with ongoing success directly attributed to a strong emphasis on team work and open communication. Each member of the growing workforce of over 180, is valued by the experienced and approachable Management Team, with support and training provided for career development. The Scotland team consists of 15 colleagues focused on land buying, planning and technical support specifically for clients in Scotland.
So, what will the role of Project Manager entail?
Working closely with the Senior Project Manager and other Project Managers, you will receive comprehensive industry knowledge training to utilise alongside your superb project management skills, to enable you to take a hands on approach with the following tasks for your allocated projects;
- Identifying the scope of supporting information necessary to promote a site, in conjunction with the planning team
- Liaising with landowners, statutory authorities and other key stakeholders for the promotion of strategic housing land through the planning system
- Conducting site appraisals and coordinating due diligence work, including access consideration and preparing plans for legal and planning purposes
- Appointing and coordinating external consultants to provide necessary reports, to support planning submissions and public exhibitions
- Monitoring of planning applications and responding to objections from statutory consultees
- Collating appeal submission documentation and organising consultant / barrister attendance at public inquiries
- Monitoring consultants’ budgets
- Developing cost effective and deliverable technical solutions and liaising with developers during the land sale process
What will I need to be considered for this Project Manager vacancy?
- Wealth of proven experience as a Project Manager
- Superb project management and business development skills
- Proven track record in commercial negotiation
- Superb organisational skills with ability to manage a busy caseload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels
- Full UK driving licence and own vehicle
Working knowledge of AutoCAD is desired, although training can be provided. Experience gained within the civil engineering / housebuilding sector would be advantageous but not essential.
What will I receive in return?
You will be joining a business with a stable history and a longstanding workforce at a time of rapid expansion. Comprehensive industry training and support will be provided to enable you to develop further in your career as part of this thriving business.
Salary: Very competitive, level dependent on experience
Attractive Benefits: 35 days annual leave including public holidays, 5% employer pension contributions and private healthcare.
Working Hours: Working compressed hours over a 9 day fortnight, with flexible start and finish times around the core hours.
Contract Type: Permanent, full time hours
Location: Livingston (West Lothian, Scotland). You will also be required to travel to client sites throughout Scotland.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or CV submissions.
This Project Manager vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Gladman Scotland. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Gladman Scotland, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.