Senior Buyer – Perth, Scotland
Strong Negotiation Skills?
WE LIKE THAT ABOUT YOU?
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We have world – leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials as well as process systems. The group has approximately 47,000 employees and representation in approximately 130 countries, with sales of about £7.3 billion.
Kanthal part of our Heating Technology business is currently expanding and is now looking for a Senior Buyer to lead our procurement activities.
You will be responsible for delivering a procurement and inventory strategy which will provide ‘best value' for Kanthal, ensuring that the facility has the right materials, at the right time, at the right price, in line with the business goals and to support future growth objective. You will be responsible for an annual spend of approximately £5m. You will also manage a small team.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Ensuring that the daily process of placing orders, order expediting and goods receipt are carried out as per procedures. Review and update processes as required to reflect both Sandvik policy and best practice.
- Maintenance of the purchasing modules of both the MOVEX and Mainsaver systems, as well as ensuring adherence to all requirements for purchasing document retention. Key player in the set up and implementation of M3.
- Negotiation and management of Facilities contracts.
- Negotiation of pricing, Terms & Condition's, deliveries and lead times to ensure best value and continuity of supply.
- Sourcing Activities. Investigation of potential new suppliers / sources. Identification of what is the strategic and what are the tactical commodities and address accordingly.
- Supplier Appraisal & Performance. Including Sandvik supplier audits and supplier code of conduct iniatives. Measuring supplier performance and internal KPI's where applicable and development of these processes.
- Development and collaboration of supplier relationships.
- Develop support for Engineering and R&D teams to deliver the procurement of ad-hoc and complex business requirements.
- Stock Management. Ensure the optimum level of stock based on the production goals and targets.
- Ensure all queries with purchase orders, invoices etc. are investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain regular contact with other global central purchasing personnel.
We are looking for someone with a CIPS qualification and/or extensive experience within a similar engineering and manufacturing environment. You will have the ability to make quick decisions but also think strategically. Strong IT skills, specifically Microsoft Office are a must and experience of the MOVEX or M3 system would be an advantage. You will have excellent communication and negotiation skills with resilience and the ability to meet tight deadlines. Being a team player is a must but you should also be able to lead a team.
How to apply? Interested by this challenge? Please click the ‘apply now' button below.
Closing Date for this role is 22nd June 2017
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK or hold a valid permit to work in the UK.