Are experienced in landfill operations or waste management and are looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continuing business success and growth we now have a fantastic opportunity available for a Landfill Operative to join our team in Dunbar, working 50 hours Monday to Friday (with alternate Saturdays)
Landfill Operative key responsibilities:
- Assisting in ensuring the day to day operational activities at Dimmer Landfill site are carried out in accordance with the Company Procedures.
- Ensuring maintenance/operation of site plant and equipment is carried out
- Ensuring that waste is deposited/disposed of in accordance with Company Procedures.
- Ensuring that Risk Assessments (RA) and Safe Operating Procedures (SOP) are followed at all times.
- Assisting in co-ordinating landfill operations to ensure that waste is dealt with efficiently at the site and is handled and treated in the correct manner.
- Availability by telephone for emergency call out.
This role requires a flexible approach to ensure vital tasks are achieved in a timely and precise manner. Working at weekends, nights and bank holidays may be required.
The ideal Landfill Operative:
- Knowledge of relevant plant and machinery including operation and first line maintenance.
- Ideally experience in driving plant vehicles and machinery
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Possess a recognised training certificate, for example CITB/QPTC/Waste and Utilities certificate
In return for your hard work as our Landfill Operative you can expect to receive a salary of £24,295 per annum with a range of benefits.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Landfill Operative then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY to view the full role profile!
Closing Date: 12th June 2017
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.