Are you an experienced Mechanical Technician looking for an exciting new challenge with a leading business? If the answer is YES, we want to hear from you.
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at our Dunbar Energy Recovery Facility for a Mechanical Technician to join our team, working 45 hours Monday to Friday with occasional weekend and night shifts.
The Mechanical Technician Role
The Mechanical Technician is responsible for the repair and maintenance of all the Mechanical equipment at the Dunbar ERF Plant, providing support to other disciplines as necessary using experience and skills. This will involve:
- Ensures maintenance plans and targets are achieved safely, economically and within the environmental limits of the plant.
- Carry out fault diagnosis rectify as required
- Conduct plant inspections and area safety inspections.
- Ensure that all reporting within the Computerised Maintenance Management System is effective and followed through to completion promptly.
- Carry out risk assessments and method statements to ensure activities are completed in a safe manner at all times.
The Ideal Mechanical Technician
- Experience in Mechanical engineering of process industry or power plants
- Experience working with Computerised Maintenance Management systems
- Possess appropriate technical qualifications City & Guilds / NVQ (or equivalent)
- LOLER, PSSR knowledagble
In return for your hard work as our Mechanical Technician, you will receive a competitive salary of between £32,000 and £34,198 per annum as well as an attractive benefits package.
If you have the skills and experience to become our Mechanical Technician, we want to hear from you! Click APPLY now to view the full role profile.
Closing Date: 12th June 2017
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.