Street Lighting Electrician, Based Initially at Guildyhaugh (396.08), CD 27/08/17
Initially based at Guildyhaugh Depot, Bathgate but moving to New Service Centre, Whitehill Industrial Estate, Bathgate
The Lighting Section administers over 60,000 Lighting Units, Traffic Signs, Street Nameplates, Traffic Lights and Control Boxes by means of computerised management systems. The postholder has some degree of responsibility for installation, repair, routine maintenance, records and customer interface.
The key duties of this post are:
- To assist in the process of Street Lighting, Traffic Lights and Traffic Sign works.
- To carry out lighting maintenance, testing and installation, traffic light maintenance, sign maintenance, testing and installation and any other electrical work associated with the Council.
The skills and experience you must have:
- Minimum approved electrician or SVQ/NVQ level 3 in Highway electrical standards
- ER G39 Safety certificate;
- BS 7671 Wiring Regulations certificate
- Good communication skills in person
- Ability to work in an organised and efficient manner.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work at height and in restricted spaces
- Driving license
396.08 - Street Lighting Electrician.pdf