Procurement Director - Construction
A major contractor are currently recruiting for a Procurement Director to work with them in their Glasgow office.
As a member of the Procurement and Supply Chain Management Leadership Team contribute to the development and implementation of a winning Procurement and Supply Chain Management Strategy.
As a senior business leader will lead by example to:
* Ensure a personal relentless focus on Zero Harm and in line with UK's Sustainability activities, proactively lead the business to deliver positive economic, social and environmental outcomes
* Build and inspire talented teams
* Live the our
Values & personally demonstrate the Leadership Behaviours
* Control costs and effectively manage budgets
* Ensure the team complies with all Regulations and Company Policies & Processes
* Develop and lead the Regional Procurement and Supply Chain Management team for the Scotland Region, fostering a climate that motivates high performance, where collaboration is nurtured, high performance is rewarded and employees are highly engaged
* Ensure the operating model and team are configured, resourced and mobilised against agreed
KPIs and initiatives to optimise cost, performance, efficiency and effectiveness
* Champion the change agenda developing a strong reputation and set of collaborative relationships across the wider business units.
* Contribute to supply chain thinking across UK and the Region, transferring best practice and contributing to wider initiatives where appropriate
* Develop and establish an effective operating model driving process efficiency and business
results measured through KPI's and performance management systems
* Create a customer focused performance led culture, collaborating with UK business streams, functions & shared procurement services including category management to deliver supply chain excellence at a regional level.
* Participate in the business development objectives championing Procurement and Supply Chain Management capability as a source of differentiation and competitive advantage for the business
* Oversee the development of contracts and agreements to ensure the most advantageous commercial outcomes and to manage risk effectively.
* Evaluate strategies based on changing market conditions and provide inputs during strategic activities to ensure alignment with business requirements
* Engage and integrate supply chain into UK business capturing innovation and industry best practice
* Take the lead responsibility across the Region for developing excellence and consistency in a number of assigned areas of focus eg sustainability, learning & development, systems & processes
This is a fantastic opportunity, please send your CV without delay.
"To apply for this role please send through your CV for consideration and we will be in touch should your experience match our criteria. Unfortunately due to high volume we will only be able to contact those who have been shortlisted"
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.