Corporate Procurement Manager, West Lothian Civic Centre (389.17) C/D 11/01/17
West Lothian Council is committed to improving the quality of life for local communities by employing excellent, motivated people who share our passion for partnership working and the provision of excellent services.
We currently have an opportunity for an outstanding individual to manage our Corporate Procurement Unit based in the West Lothian Civic Centre in Livingston. The Corporate Procurement Unit comprises a number of Category Managers and Procurement Specialists to ensure that there is a strong corporate focus on the attainment of procurement objectives.
As the Corporate Procurement Manager, you will provide clear leadership and direction for effective procurement service delivery and customer focus, and you will encourage and facilitate the development of the Corporate Procurement Unit.
You will ensure that your team’s focus will be to:
- Secure compliance through engagement with internal and external stakeholders,
- Deliver specialist and expert procurement support, establish and maintain Category Management,
- Provide quality contract negotiation and performance management
- Implement ongoing procurement improvement programmes.
- Achieve procurement cashable savings targets,
You will work closely with external stakeholders to establish community benefits through contract negotiations and where possible encourage suppliers to implement a living wage.
Working closely with key internal customers at a senior management level, you will establish and maintain strong relationships and understandings to ensure that the procurement service is being carried out effectively.
You will support and advise senior council managers and elected members on the full range of procurement issues as required.
We provide a competitive package of benefits including an excellent pension scheme. We also have a strong focus ensuring that employees are fully supported to deliver high performance with the council having achieved Investors in People Gold and Healthy Working Lives Gold Award.
Essential for the post
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Senior managerial experience of successfully operating within a performance and change management culture
- A comprehensive understanding of Best Value
Desirable for the post
- Ideally you will possess a relevant professional qualification, e.g. MCIPS
- Experience of Category Management and how to apply it to achieve savings
389.17 Corporate Procurement Manager 1.pdf