Social Worker - Adult Social Work
The purpose of the job is to provide a professional social work service, including the Mental Health function as part of an operational team, based in Adult Social Work.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link below for further information -
- The grade of this post is I/J/K
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1,998 per annum (pro rata)
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Temporary Full Time post for 37 hours per week, 52.18 weeks per year - Temporary contract for a period of approximately 12 months. This is for the duration of a period of maternity leave, and will terminate following the return to work or resignation of the postholder
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- You must hold a valid driving licence and have a suitable vehicle for use during your employment, as this post has an Essential Car User allowance or have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
- This post would be suitable for a secondment opportunity.
- A qualified Social Worker is required however, a Social Worker in their final year of training would be considered if applications from qualified Social Worker's are not received.
- Proposed start date will be January 2017
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
Proposed Interview Date: Friday 11 November 2016
This post is based at Grantfield, Lerwick
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Rosemary Blain, Senior Social Worker, on 01595 744422 or email email@example.com
Employee Benefits Aug 2016.pdf
Conditions of Service - Local Government Employees - May 2016.pdf
Social Worker - Adult Social Work (L).pdf