Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
You have clerical experience, including reception work, filing, record keeping, word processing and knowledge and experience of MS Office and financial procedures.
You will be required to provide an efficient clerical support service.
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
Interviews are expected to be held on the 3 November 2016.
Informal Enquiries to: Carol Crawford - 01358 726 404
Provide efficient and effective, customer focused support to Council Services, working on an individual basis or collaboratively as part of a team. The post has been structured to provide clerical and administrative support for all members of the Fortmartine team and to provide systems and support for the wide range of activities organised and services provided by the team.
• Administrative and clerical support for the Fortmartine Area Managers Team
• Word processing and IT support
• Servicing meetings and minute-taking
• Telephone and reception duties
• General Clerical Duties
• Order goods & services and process invoices & payments which includes the use of financial management systems e.g. oracle
• Generate paperwork to create invoices
• Recording financial transactions and reconciling data
• Academic achievement to Scottish National 4 or 5 level, Standard Grades or equivalent transferable experience and skills
• Experience in using Microsoft Office packages to a proficient standard
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Capable of prioritising tasks to meet competing demands
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters
• Ability to respond appropriately to customer needs
• Flexible and adaptable
• Knowledge of local government
• Experience of taking Minutes
• European Computer Driving Licence
• Shorthand experience or qualification
• ECDL or equivalent
• Customer service qualification
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf