Teaching Assistant Courses - Start a rewarding career in Teaching
Start a career in teaching as a Teaching Assistant
If you enjoy working with children and would like to play a part in their education and wellbeing, a job as a teaching assistant could be the career for you.
To start a career as a teaching assistant you need to be qualified to a certain standard to be considered for the position , we can train you for as little as £69 so you can then go on and embark start on your new exciting rewarding career.
Once you've qualified as a teaching assistant in a nursery, infant or junior school, special school, secondary school or independent school, there are good opportunities to develop your career by completing further qualifications right up to Higher Level Teaching Assistant. On average teaching assistants earn between 12-17K per annum with generous holidays.
You could also go on to train as a teacher if you meet the entry requirements.
Your day to day activities may include:
- getting the classroom ready for lessons
- listening to children read, reading to them or telling them stories
- helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- helping teachers to plan learning activities and complete records
- supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
- supervising group activities
- looking after children who are upset or have had accidents
- clearing away materials and equipment after lessons
- helping with outings and sports events
- taking part in training
- carrying out administrative tasks
So if this sounds like a career for you, please click apply and fill in our short form and will contact you to discuss our training course in more detail so you can start your new career as a teaching assistant.