Family Support Worker, Bathgate Partnership Centre (387.08) C/D 30/10/16
4 days left
- Full Time
We require a family support worker for the Attendance Improvement Management Service (AIMS) Intervention area within the Children & Young People Team. The focus of this role is to improve attendance levels and raise attainment and life chances for children and young people in West Lothian. Children and young people are supported through individual work, group work and support in the family home. Support is also given to Schools to ensure that the West Lothian attendance procedures are adhered to. There is also a requirement to complete statutory reports to the Reporter.
The key duties of this post are:
- To contribute to the provision of a range of services to meet the needs of children, young people and their families experiencing school attendance related issues and to offer support at the earliest possible opportunity in order to reduce the likelihood of statutory and compulsory measures .
- To provide individual and Groupwork support to parents, young people and children where attendance is impacting on the outcomes for children and young people.
- To provide individual support to parents, young people and children, to enable, empower and promote choices available to them in line with the principles of Getting It Right For Every Child
- To work jointly with education and health colleagues, to provide group work programmes, for children, young people and parents.
- To provide services consistent with relevant legislation and West Lothian Council’s policies, procedures and standards.
The skills and experience you must have:
- HNC / SVQ 3 in Social Care or equivalent
- Good understanding of child care and development, the range of resources available and a knowledge of applicable legislation.
- Experience of working with children and young people with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Experience of working in a statutory setting
- Experience of working with children/ young people and their families who are at risk of social exclusion
- Experience of working in an interagency context
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.
This position requires registration with the SSSC. The successful candidate will have six months from commencement in this post to register with the SSSC.
The successful candidate will have access to West Lothian Council's Pool Car Scheme in order to undertake approved business travel.
387.08 - Family Support Worker.pdf