Cook, 20 hrs, Rosemount Gardens, Bathgate, (387.01) CD 30/10/2016
20 hrs per week, salary pro rata
Responsible for the day to day preparation of meals, snacks and any form of food preparation for meals provided in the restaurant and Cafe within the supported housing complex available to the tenants and members of the local community. Any other duties, which may be required in relation to Food Hygiene guidelines. Service provision 7 days, weekend working may be required.
The key duties of this post are:
- Carry out all preparation and cooking of food.
- Responsible for serving and presentation of food.
- Undertake any cleaning activities necessary to ensure that standards of hygiene, Health and Safety are maintained to a high standard in the kitchen and other associated areas.
- This includes store rooms cupboards, daily oven cleaning, the cleaning of specialised equipment e.g. mixers, vegetable machines.
- Report any faults of malfunctions in kitchen equipment to the appropriate person.
- Report any other problems which affects the smooth running of the kitchen and associated areas.
- Ordering and checking of goods delivered against copy orders, ensuring quality and quantity.
The skills and experience you must have:
- City and Guilds 706/1/2 or equivalent
- Relevant experience managing a commercial kitchen.
387.01 - Cook.pdf