Assistant Systems Officer (Fixed Term)
2 days left
- Full Time
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
A vacancy has arisen for an assistant system officer to provide a comprehensive support service in implementing, developing, maintaining, controlling and operating the Northgate Revenues, Benefits computer system along with the Civica Electronic Document Management and Workflow System, and the Corporate Arrears Recovery System.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
Fixed term for a period not exceeding 1st September 2017
Informal enquiries to Catherine Martin 01224665364
- Train staff members at all levels within the Revenues and Benefit team in the operation of financial systems.
- Liaise with the relevant software supplier and provide solutions to problem areas.
- Test systems to ensure they are legislatively correct and meet the needs of the users.
- Assist with system implementation, development, maintenance and control.
- Provide operational support to finance service staff.
- Educated to Higher level or equivalent transferable experience and skills
- Experience of working in a customer focussed system support environment
- Experience of using the Northgate Revenues and Benefits computer system and the Civica EDM system
- Knowledge of Council Tax and Business Rates
- Knowledge of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction
- Excellent administrative, time management and organisational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work within a very active team to support other Revenues and Finance functions
- Ability to creatively resolve problems and to contribute to service improvements
- Ability to easily adapt to change and work under pressure
- IRRV Technician Certificate
- Customer Care Experience
Job Profile Assistant Systems Officer 2008-08-10.pdf
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf