Social Worker - Criminal & Youth Justice, West Lothian Civic Centre (387.10) C/D 30/10/16
To work within Criminal and Youth Justice Service as a Social Worker undertaking an integrated range of social work services in relation to promotion of welfare and support for service users in West Lothian under the relevant legislation. Where necessary to supervise a range of statutory orders and if appropriate to report and be accountable to relevant bodies.
The key duties of this post are:
- The preparation of reports/assessments both for the Courts and Children’s Hearing Service
- Risk Assessment and Risk management of young people who offend
- Supervision of young people subject to Statutory Orders via the Children’s Hearing and Court System
- Other tasks specifically related to our service delivery
The skills and experience you must have:
- BA in Social Work or other approved recognised Social Work qualification.
- Good understanding of the challenges of the client group
- Must be prepared to work with violent and sexual offenders.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.
This position requires registration with the SSSC. The successful candidate will have six months from commencement in this post to register with the SSSC.
387.10 - Social Worker.pdf