Criminal Justice Assistant x 2, West Lothian Civic Centre (387.12) CD 30/10/16
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 30 October 2016. This may change and close early depending on applicant response levels.
Post 1 - 18 hrs per week - Permanent, salary pro rata
Post 2 - 36 hrs per week - Fixed Term for 12 months
This post is based in Livingston Civic Centre within the Community Payback Team. You will be managing clients placed on Unpaid Work Orders by the Courts.
The key duties of this post are:
- To assist in the management of a range of community-based Criminal and Youth Justice work.
- To be responsible for a workload, supported by the Team Manager and other qualified staff.
- To provide information, advice and appropriate services to a range of criminal justice service users and partners, including offenders, courts, parole board, partner agencies and beneficiaries of work.
- To provide a range of information and advice in response to enquiries.
- To undertake assessments of service users within the framework of Council Service Standards.
- As part of the Risk Assessment process, liaise with Team Manager or substitute regarding assessment of risk and appropriate service intervention.
- To support, in active collaboration with service users and other appropriate agencies, relevant Supervision/Risk management Plans.
- To negotiate with a range of providers, both internal and external to the Council.
- To develop packages of intervention appropriate to service users needs in consultation with qualified social work staff.
- Where, as part of an Supervision/Risk management Plan, the need for individual support, advice or assistance is assessed as required, to provide such services directly/indirectly to the service users.
- To monitor and accurately record services provided to service users.
- To review the needs of service users where a Supervision/Risk Management Plan has
- Futher details on the job description.
The skills and experience you must have are:
- Previous experience in a Health, Social Work, Criminal Justice or Addiction setting.
- Ability to work with difficult and challenging people.
- Proven experience of working in partnership with other services.
- Ability to learn rapidly about our legislative and procedural framework.
- Resilience, ability to communicate to a high standard, ability to produce high quality written work.
- A good standard of education and in particular evidence of good written and oral communication is essential.
- HNC/SVQ Level 3 in Social Care; HNC/SVQ for Health Support Workers or other equivalent qualification is desirable.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by the West Lothian Council
387.12 - Criminal Justice Assistant.pdf