Pupil Support Assistant (MOR01722)
Assist teaching staff in providing a supportive and positive learning experience for children with additional support needs, assisting them with their personal needs and promoting their independence.
- Support Learning and Teaching Activities.
- Provide support to children and young people with additional support needs.
- Attend to the personal care and health including the medical needs of pupils with additional support needs and assist in maintaining a safe, healthy and hygienic environment.
- Support pupils with their mobility needs.
- Experience of working with children & young adults of school age in a caring and supportive environment
- Educated to ‘standard’ level or equivalent and a demonstrable understanding of English and Arithmetic.
- Ability to observe professional confidentiality and implement sound judgement
- Ability to use initiative
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work under guidance and direction of teaching staff
- Ability to assist young people with special educational needs in personal/medical care.
- Ability to express a patient and non-confrontational approach when dealing with children and young people who display challenging behaviour.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and tolerance and to respond positively to a variety of additional support needs
- Ability and commitment to undertake further training /development as required
- Rapport with children/young adults
- Flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of the Service
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Effective interpersonal skills and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment
- Able to assist in and carry out certain lifting tasks associated with the care of dependant young people
Temporary until 30 June 2017
Closing Date: 28 October 2016
Starting Salary: £16,238 (pro rata)
£8.44 per hour
11.24 hours per week (term time only)
Proposed interview date: 11 November 2016
For further information contact: Applegrove Primary, 01309 672367
MOR01722 - Pupil Support Assistant. Applegrove.doc