Sensory Impairment Rehab Worker
4 days left
- Full Time
For Part-time and Term-time hours salary will be prorated
Please note this post is temporary until the end of September 2017.
Sensory Impairment Rehabilitation Worker (Temporary up to 12 months), Grade 7, 17.5 hours per week, Adults and Community Care, Kirkintilloch Health & Care Centre
An opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified Sensory Impairment Rehabilitation Worker within our Physical Disability / Sensory Impairment Team.
The post is offered on a job share basis (17.5 hours weekly) and is temporary to the end of September 2017.
Our Physical Disability / Sensory Impairment Team is a well-established and experienced team which is co-located within an integrated building providing the full range of adult social work and primary health services.
The successful candidate will undertake and provide a comprehensive assessment and rehabilitative service to individuals with a visual impairment and design, monitor and implement rehabilitative plans.
A Diploma in Rehabilitation Studies is required for this post and experience working within a social work setting and with adults with visual impairments is desirable.
You will need to hold a driving licence.
Enquires relating to this post can be made to Thomas Gahagan, Team Manager Rehabilitation Team on 0141 355 2200
CHARTER OF COMMITMENT
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
EAD01096 Role Profile.doc