Skilled Waste Operative
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
To undertake street cleansing work including street sweeping duties in vehicle which requires Category C1 licence, litter picking, emptying and cleansing of litter/dog bins and other cleansing duties in accordance with Council policies and procedures.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
Permanent full time position - 37 hours per week
Monday to Thursday: 07:00-15:00
Friday: 07:00 - 14:30
Informal enquiries to Vincent Lund - 01771623613
- Undertake street cleansing work including street sweeping duties in vehicle which requires Category C1 licence
- Collect and dispose of recyclable and residual waste as presented by the property owners of Aberdeenshire
- Undertake a range of manual tasks including loading wheeled bins, bags and bulky uplifts
- Carry out collection duties in a neat and tidy manner ensuring all spillages are cleaned up
- Monitor street waste issues, e.g. litter and damage
- Comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974), the Councils Health and Safety Policy and all agreed Safe Systems of Work
- Wear the provided personal protective equipment including Hi-Vis items of safety clothing and boots at all times
- Act as ambassador for the Council when interfacing with members of the public and do so in a polite and friendly manner
- Maintain vehicle/equipment in clean and serviceable manner. Record all defects on the vehicle defect form and inform your line manager
- Category C1 driving licence (can drive vehicles between 3,500 kg and 7,500 Kg)
- Proven experience of working unsupervised but capable of being a team player
- Knowledge of the High Way Code
- Ability to communicate with others effectively
- Ability to use own initiative and also able to follow instructions
- Category C, Category C+E driving licence
- Holder of a digital drivers tachograph card
- Forklift licence
- Previous experience of refuse / recycling collection
- Previous experience of street cleansing operations
- A working knowledge on Health and Safety legislation
- Knowledge of roads and streets within Aberdeenshire Council area
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf
Job Profile Skilled Waste Operative (Small Sweeper Driver) 2016-07-04.pdf