Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
Organise and supervise all employees working within the facility according to policy, ensuring a safe and enjoyable service to the public using this facility This role may require flexible, evening and weekend working There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required. You will be required to provide this check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
Permanent part time position 20 hours per week. Shifts will be organised in accordance with school needs.
Informal enquiries to Duty Officer - 01779 477277
- Operate the leisure facility in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring health and safety, maintenance, hygiene and security standards are met
- Oversee and supervise employees within the facility and undertake line management including review process where required
- Ensure duties are carried out in accordance with financial procedures
- Assist the Community Leisure Officer in the management of other council recreational facilities
- Act as lead officer for areas of the facilities operation, as specifically delegated, such as programming, bookings, stock, maintenance, etc
- RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- First Aid certificate or gain qualification within 3 months of employment
- Proven experience of working in a leisure facility, ideally at a supervisory level
- Health & Safety knowledge
- Knowledge of facility management including plant maintenance and security procedures
- Customer-focussed with excellent organisational, interpersonal, communication, interviewing and negotiating skills with the ability to work to tight and often conflicting deadlines and secure positive outcomes
- Ability to establish, maintain and develop effective working relationships
- Pool Plant Operator Certificate
- Coaching certificates / leisure qualification
- Supervisory / management qualification
- Experience of supervising and training employees
- Experience of supervising facilities and plant
- Experience working within a swimming pool environment
- Experience in using Microsoft Office packages to a proficient standard
- Working knowledge of financial administration procedures
- Ability to work well unsupervised
- Ability to apply initiative
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf
Job Profile Duty Officer 2010-02-10.pdf