Tenancy Support Worker x 3
Tenancy Sustainment Officer (Homelessness)
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for a qualified Tenancy Sustainment Officer for an initial 3-month contract.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team and will contribute to the provision of a range of flexible services to meet the needs of individuals and households throughout and during the transition from temporary accommodation, emergency accommodation or custody, to sustaining a permanent tenancy and living as independently as possible.
- Responsible for the completion of a needs led assessment and risk assessment
- Undertake regular visits to individuals/families who have been assessed as in housing need to provide practical assistance and promote the development of independent living skills
- Tailor a package of support to meet individual/household needs
- Provide an advocacy service for customers along with advice, support and assistance to all those in financial hardship striving to maximise their income and ability to sustain their tenancies
- Encourage the individual/household to engage with support providers
- Assist in the transition between accommodations
- Be qualified to SVQ Level 3 in Social Care
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation eg Housing (Scotland) Act 2001, Homelessness Bill, Children's (Scotland) Act 1995, Adult Support and Protection (Scotland) Act 2007, Care Commission Housing Support registration requirements
- Have a recognised qualification that meets Scottish Social Services Council registration requirements
- Significant experience of working in a Housing & Support environment
- An ability to undertake lone working, this will require working with clients in their own tenancy/community setting.
- IT literate - an ability to use software applications E-Mail, Excel, Data Entry, Word, PowerPoint etc
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.