Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Overall purpose of role:
- The individual will work as part of the Settlements team, accountable for providing world class client service to a diverse client base
- The analyst will play a key part in supporting and leading an Operational Function within the Shared Services environment, working as part of a team providing Back Office support to the Barclays Capital and/or Barclays Wealth clients.
- The analyst will be a clear communicator with an approachable yet professional manner with the ability to cope with high volumes of work. They must be able to thrive in a fast pace, high pressure environment. They should have a proven track record in problem solving and risk management in addition to excellent market and industry awareness. Developing and enhancing the knowledge of others will play a key part in the analyst role. The verification of work and effective workflow management will also feature in this role as will be ability to pick up tasks as delegated by your line manager.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
This section should include:
- Technical Experience: The analyst will have a solid background in a financial services environment with settlements experience in equities, Fixed Income, structured products and bonds across UK and International Markets. A thorough understanding of trade flow processes and demonstrable awareness of risk is essential. Problem solving and issue resolution skills will be required as well the ability to develop good systems skills. The ability to work on distinctly different proposition platforms and systems to carry out trade correction activity within required deadlines.
- Control Environment: The analyst will be experienced in managing risk within a similar environment, displaying an awareness of key risks within their department with an ability to monitor, mitigate and own all risk items. Ensuring Error reporting processes are followed and monitoring Error correction activity for Month End reporting. The analyst will also be fully aware of all regulatory and compliance policies specific to their field.
- Business Skills: The analyst will lead the way in terms of setting minimum standards within their team/department to ensure effective delivery of all services offered to internal and external clients. An excellent engagement with key stakeholders and practical approach to problem solving is essential. The analyst should show strong influencing and communication skills, staying close to the business needs at all times.
- Commercial Effectiveness: The analyst will be expected to promote and initiate small changes within their own role/remit which will ensure processes are as efficient as possible. To deal with Error Control tasks promptly to minimise market exposure to the organisation on error deals. In conjunction with their Team Manager the analyst will progress opportunities to ensure their team is commercially effective.
- Personal & Interpersonal Skills: The analyst will be a good team player who strives to meet both personal and team objectives/targets. Will have good communication and organisational skills. The individual will be ambitious and driven and fully aware of their own development areas, and work with their manager to address these and enhance current skills.
- Management & Leadership: The analyst will likely have no direct people management responsibilities however will be expected to act as a role model for less experienced members of staff, both behaviourally and by transferring of knowledge/technical expertise.
Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
Flexible and professional under pressure, the role holder will have strong interpersonal skills, commitment and focus on succeeding in a challenging environment and be able to work accurately to deadlines and will be committed to proactively seeking new and innovative customer focused solutions. The ability to contribute and challenge within a team to improve performance will be essential, along with the ability to communicate with peers and senior members of the team. The right candidate will contribute positively to the organisational culture by demonstrating the Guiding principles at all times and have the ability to work on their own initiative.