Teacher of ASL (Stonehaven CSN)
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
You are an enthusiastic teacher who is committed to excellence. You are able to create programmes of work, which take account individual pupil needs.
Salary for this post will be in accordance with SNCT agreements. Applicants must be or eligible to be fully GTC Scotland registered.
This is a network post. Thours are currently allocated across two Primary Schools but you may be required to work anywhere within the Stonehaven CSN.
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required. You will be required to provide this check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
This position is designated as a 'Fixed / Mobile’ post as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
This post has a minimum requirement of 1 reference which must be your current or most recent employer
Informal Enquiries to Jo Tolhurst, 01569 762071
- Deliver quality education to assigned pupils and contribute to the professional, corporate life of the school in relation to pupils, staff and appropriate external bodies within the agreements of the Local Negotiating Committee for Teachers and the Scottish Negotiating Committee for Teachers
- This post is attached to a cluster and flexible working across the cluster maybe required for operational and service needs
- There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
- Deliver quality learning and teaching in accordance with 3-18 curriculum guidelines and Aberdeenshire Council policy and guidelines
- Manage and organise classes through planning and preparing for teaching and learning
- Develop the attainment and achievement of all pupils by promoting positive outcomes and wider achievement for a diverse range of pupil
- Promote equality of opportunity and ensure a commitment to inclusive education, recognise and respect the views of young people
- Assess, record and report on the work of pupils’ progress to inform a range of teaching and learning approaches
- Prepare pupils for examinations, where required, and assist with their administration
- Participate in the professional and collegiate work of the school
- Contribute to the formation and implementation of school and departmental curriculum and improvement plans
- Support the health, safety and wellbeing of young people in the school
- Operate within Aberdeenshire Council’s framework for Quality Assurance and Development
- Registered with GTC Scotland
- Participation in professional update
- Experience in involvement in whole school developments and the wider life of the school
- Knowledge of current planning and assessment procedures
- Good understanding of national and local curriculum policies
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, be adaptable and be able to communicate well orally and in written form
- Ability to develop positive professional relationships with colleagues and pupils
- Ability to create a motivating, learning environment and programmes of work, which take account of individual pupil needs
- Committed to working in a collegiate manner and in partnership with parents
- Ability to travel
- Hold or willing to undertake further relevant professional qualification and training in line with GTCS registration
- Experience of mentoring or coaching student or probationary teachers
- Competent in the use of ICT, including application to learning and teaching
- Knowledge and awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Knowledge of and interest in current education initiatives
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf