2 days left
- Full Time
Location: SEEMiS Group LLP, Floor 14, South Lanarkshire Council Offices, Almada Street, Hamilton, ML3 0AA
Hours: 35 hours Contract Type: Permanent
SEEMiS Group LLP seeks applications from suitable candidates for the position of Infrastructure Engineer.
SEEMiS Group LLP is the provider of Management Information Systems (MIS) to Local Authority Education across Scotland. It develops, provides and supports a range of MIS solutions that enable the statutory and discretionary responsibilities of councils and schools to be discharged.
The Infrastructure Engineer is a critical role within the organisation, reporting to the organisation’s Infrastructure Manager and working within a small, multi-disciplinary Infrastructure team you should be able to demonstrate strong technical networking skills alongside excellent inter-personal skills and experience of managing a broad range of ICT Infrastructure whilst operating within a dynamic environment.
With primary responsibility for operational service delivery the role also covers ownership of Infrastructure related tasks whilst representing the team on key projects that are delivered in accordance with the organisations PRINCE 2 / Agile aligned project delivery framework.
Primary Areas of Responsibility include:-
- Working to ensure that the organisation meets or exceeds published KPI’s for service availability and performance
- Ensuring compliance with ISO27001 aligned operational policies and procedures, including in the areas of joiners / leavers processes, access control, system monitoring, updates / patching, backup / restores and AV / malware protection
- Monitoring and responding to Infrastructure related Helpdesk calls, acting to ensure that calls are managed within agreed SLA’s
- Adopting an ongoing, effective approach to documenting the organisations Infrastructure to ISO27001 auditable standards
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of key internal systems including firewalls, switches / routers, connectivity, active directory, DNS, DHCP, storage, email (MS Exchange 2013), printing
- Representing the organisation whilst liaising with 3rd Parties and Local Authorities including in areas relating to service provision / maintenance & support contracts
- Providing effective contributions as part of team workload planning, escalating any risks / issues to line management as appropriate
- Representing the Infrastructure team on projects - assisting with the estimating, planning and timely delivery of infrastructure related tasks to agreed time / cost constraints
- Working with Software Development Teams and the organisations Product Architect to provide infrastructure related guidance and support
- Assisting with the scheduled testing, validation and recording of the organisations Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plan
- Procurement, installation and ongoing maintenance relating to the organisations desktop estate
- Creation of virtual machine builds (windows and Linux) to agreed build levels / standards
Closing Date: 23 October 2016
Technical Knowledge & Experience
Applicants are required to have knowledge and experience in the following disciplines:
- Strong network configuration and fault resolution skills
- Windows Server 2008 / 2012
- Microsoft Hyper-V (including clustering)
- IBM Blade / Enterprise Level SAN Technologies (preferably IBM v7000)
- Cisco Switching
- Firewalls (preferably Cisco, Checkpoint)
- TCP/IP, Ethernet, DNS/DHCP
- VPN Technologies
- Multi Domain Active Directory & Group Policy
- Backup Exec
- Microsoft Exchange
It would be advantageous for applicants to have knowledge and experience in the following:
- Centos Linux
- System Centre Components incl VMM SCOM SCCM
- MS SQL Server, MySQL
As part of our approach to good practice and safer recruitment we carry out a number of pre-employment checks for example, Identity, Asylum and Immigration and employment history etc.
As this post involves accessing the public services network, the preferred candidate will be subject to the Baseline Personnel Security Standards (BPSS). The preferred candidate will be subject to a Basic Disclosure provided by Disclosure Scotland prior to a formal offer of employment being made.
As the application process has changed, we recommend you familiarise yourself with the revised format and content of the form by clicking on the following link to access the applicant user guide. Please click here
SEEMiS Group LLP are Equal Opportunities employers and encourages applications from all sectors of the community. In addition we are committed to the Double Tick Initiative and offer a guaranteed interview to any applicant who considers him / herself to be disabled and who meets the competency requirements for the post.
- Organised and able to manage / prioritise a multi-dimensional, dynamic work load
- Able to remain calm under pressure and to take effective decisions
- Creative & Lateral thinker
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player
Preferred Qualifications / Membership of Professional Bodies
- Applicants are required to be qualified to degree level.
Job Profile Infrastructure Engineer.doc