LGV Driver Class 1
Circle Express is now part of the Rico UK Group, a wholly owned subsidiary of the global logistics giant TVS with over $10 billion in annual revenue. Established over 30 years ago as a specialist air cargo distributor, Circle Express are now a diverse logistics company providing services to all sectors of business, industry and of course freight forwarders. We are the only UK operator fully licensed to transport all classes of hazardous materials including firearms & ammunition, radio-active, toxic, flammable, corrosive and explosive material.
We are currently recruiting for LGV Class 1 drivers to join our organisation based out of Glasgow working nights across any 5 from 7. In line with the requirements of the role, suitable applicants will need to be flexible in relation to start and finish times and will be required to do nights out and work overtime.
(Please note that in line with civil aviation authority regulations, it is compulsory that all potential employees have to be rigorously screened and vetted to attain airside clearance.)
LGV Driver Class 1 - Main Responsibilities:
• Doing deliveries / collections throughout the UK.
• Load and unload in line with the company code of practice and use appropriate equipment.
• Maintain security of load while loading, transporting and delivering.
• Comply with various legislation regarding vehicle safety, tachographs operation and working time.
LGV Driver Class 1 - Key Requirements:
• Licence requirement: C+E.
• CPC card essential.
• Digital tachograph card essential.
• Minimum 2 years of LGV vehicle driving experience and must be over 25 years’ old due to underwritten insurance.
• Good knowledge of EU Regulations and Working Time Directive.
• Geographical knowledge of major UK roads.
• Sound knowledge of Highway Code and speed limits for size of vehicle / type of road.
• Good working knowledge of operating digital tachograph.
• Good working knowledge of manual loading / unloading and securing freight.
• Unacceptable endorsements: Drink or drugs related endorsements within the past 10 years, any disqualifications in the past 5 years and any codes on licence with prefix: IN CD, DD, DR, and BA.
Salary: £27,500 + Nights Out + OT
If you have experience in driving Class 1 vehicle and ready to take the challenge this role offers, then please apply online for the LGV Driver Class 1 role with your CV and covering letter. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
No Agencies please.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application for this Class 1 Driver role has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.