ICT Officer (MOR01702)
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include: -
- Undertake daily/weekly SharePoint systems admin tasks including checking status of farm servers, sites, search engine, scanning queues, and interfaces.
- Checking status of SharePoint and SQL backups, including monitoring of disk/ SAN storage space, operation of timer jobs and scheduled tasks.
- Provide technical support for the SharePoint Project Implementation team including SharePoint users within the Council and liaise with the customer services support team to resolve issues.
- Work with suppliers when required, to provide support for third party SharePoint applications.
- Build, configure and customise SharePoint sites and applications as per in-house build specifications.
- Develop SharePoint applications, integration, customisation and enhancements as directed by the Project Leader.
- Assist with planning and carrying out SharePoint and 3rd part product migrations / upgrades and security patching.
- Provide estimates of timescales for work to be undertaken.
- Prepare and publish performance information.
- Produce and update documentation to agreed standards for work undertaken and for applications where documentation is found to be missing or out of date.
- Assist in producing incident reports for any major issues such as system availability, relating to your assigned areas of responsibility.
The ICT Officer job description is a generic document which covers all disciplines within the ICT Applications Team. The typical duties associated with this vacancy within the Applications Team are above.
To assist the ICT Project Leaders to ensure that the ICT service meets the needs of the Council and is delivered as effectively and efficiently as possible.
Assist in the development and implementation of ICT systems.
Assist with service delivery in relation to Infrastructure, Operation and User Support.
Assist, where appropriate, in strategy and planning initiatives with regard to the specified function of the service area.
Assist, where appropriate, in management and administration with regard to ICT contracts, projects and resources.
Adopt and promote council policies.
Any other duties.
Experience in a computer related environment
Higher Computing or computer related short courses
Ability to plan, schedule and monitor own work within short time horizons
Rational and organised approach to work
Understand and use appropriate methods, tools and applications
Ability to absorb and process technical information
Ability to communicate fluently
Ability to work well as part of a team
Ability to transport items of computer equipment in line with health and safety requirements.
Temporary for 2 Years
Closing Date: 21 October 2016
Starting Salary: £19,264 - £24,882
(Career Grade Scheme Applies)
36.25 hours per week
£10.22 - £13.20 per hour
Proposed Interview Date 4 November 2016
For further information contact Roy Poulsen 01343 563228
Techinical Support Officer (ICT) - 5-7 JD-PS and Advert.doc