Teacher of ASL (Peterhead CSN) (Fixed Term)
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
You are an enthusiastic teacher who is committed to excellence. You are able to create programmes of work, which take account of individual pupil needs.
Deliver quality education to assigned pupils and contribute to the professional, corporate life of the school in relation to pupils, staff and appropriate external bodies within the agreements of the Local Negotiating Committee for Teachers and the Scottish Negotiating Committee for Teachers.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
This is a network post. Although the vacancy is for the Peterhead Network, the hours are currently allocated to Buchanhaven Primary School but you may be required to work within the Peterhead CSN.
Salary for this post will be in accordance with SNCT agreements. Applicants must be or eligible to be fully GTC Scotland registered.
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where applicable, this post also requires an Overseas Criminal Record Check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
Duration: For a period not exceeding 30 June 2017
This post has a minimum requirement of 1 reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
Informal enquiries to Linda Strachan Tel 01779 472543
- Deliver quality learning and teaching in accordance with 3-18 curriculum guidelines and Aberdeenshire Council policy and guidelines
- Manage and organise classes through planning and preparing for teaching and learning
- Develop the attainment and achievement of all pupils by promoting positive outcomes and wider achievement for a diverse range of pupil
- Promote equality of opportunity and ensure a commitment to inclusive education, recognise and respect the views of young people
- Assess, record and report on the work of pupils’ progress to inform a range of teaching and learning approaches
- Prepare pupils for examinations, where required, and assist with their administration
- Participate in the professional and collegiate work of the school
- Contribute to the formation and implementation of school and departmental curriculum and improvement plans
- Support the health, safety and wellbeing of young people in the school
- Operate within Aberdeenshire Council’s framework for Quality Assurance and Development
Please see essential and desirable criteria on the attached job profile
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf
Job Profile Teacher ASL.pdf