Department: Development & Infrastructure
Closing Date: Friday 21st October 2016
Argyll and Bute Council's Business Gateway is looking for an experienced adviser to provide high quality business advice to local businesses through telephone, email, face to face meetings and the delivery of workshops.
Although formally based in either Lochgilphead or Helensburgh, the role will require regular travel throughout Argyll and Bute, including islands, to support clients as required.
It is expected that the post holder's duties will include covering the Helensburgh and Lomond geographical area which will require spending a minimum of two days per week in the Helensburgh area.
Notes for applicants:
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate that:
- They understand the needs of small businesses and have a track record in providing impartial, practical advice to help small business owners start up and develop their business.
- They can help clients to develop cash flow forecasts, P&L, and assess accounts, including balance sheets.
- They are able to deliver a range of business skills workshops including marketing, financial and business planning.
- They can plan their own advisory activities and solve problems.
- They can deal with queries from businesses which can be complex and require detailed analysis and interpretation.
- They can engage with businesses in an appropriate, professional manner.
- They are a confident and clear presenter.
The assessment process used for this post will include an exercise, interview and presentation based on candidates evidencing the above and will also include an opportunity to meet the team.
Normal working hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday although some flexibility is required.
Applicants should note that interviews are scheduled for 17 November 2016 in Lochgilphead.
Applicants should note:
- This post is suitable for job share.
- You will be expected to travel efficiently and effectively between various work locations within Argyll & Bute, and beyond, to meet the operational requirements of the Service
How to apply:
- For information relating to the duties and the requirements of this post, please contact Kate Fraser, Senior Development Officer on 01546 604550.
- If you are experiencing difficulty applying online and require assistance, please contact a member of the HR and Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01546 604334, quoting the post reference ARB01433 / DVE00063.
Information For Applicants.docx
DVE00063 - Business Adviser.doc