Skilled Slaughter and Butcher personnel
Are you an experienced butcher? Do you have a good understanding of food hygiene? If so we would like to hear from you!
We are continuously looking for Skilled Slaughter and Butcher personnel to join our team at our client’s busy abattoir based in Turrif, Aberdeenshire.
Key Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Lamb/Beef/Pork slaughtering
- Butchering, Boning, Trimming and Dressing
- Taking responsibility for all meat cuts
- Ensuring food quality is maintained
All applicants will ideally have:
- Experience working in an abattoir or slaughter hall
- A good understanding of hygiene and food safety
- Previous experience of slaughtering animals
- Experience of working with beef and lamb
- Basic level of English
The successful candidate will work initially on a temporary basis although for the right candidate, this vacancy does have the opportunity of becoming permanent.
The pay rate will start from £7.65 per hour rising to £11.67 per hour for those with mixed abattoir and butcher experience.
You will be working between 40-45 hours per week.
If you feel you have what it takes to be a success in this role, apply now!