Supervisor CNC MILLER Programmer/Setter/Operator
Job Title: Supervisor CNC MILLER Programmer/Setter/Operator (we also require a CNC MILLER Programmer/Setter/Operator)
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 dependant on skills and experience
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
We are on the long standing customer relationships it has built up within the precision engineering sector throughout those 40 years of commercial trading and has earned this reputation with customers by both being willing to listen and consult extensively with them regarding their individual needs and requirements and then proceeding to manufacture top quality engineered components of variant sizes & specifications on time and to budget -a qualitative excellence that is underpinned by their ISO 9001 : 2008 Quality Management Systems.
The role is a full time permanent Skilled CNC Miller Programmer/Setter/Operator position working in the Glasgow area.
You must be experienced with working in a fast paced and high value goods environment.
Remuneration will reflect level of skill and experience.
Ideally available for an immediate start!
Skills and Experience Required:
* Setting, operating, programming on CNC milling machines
* Fixture design and machining process design for multi operational complex parts.
* Confident in the use of HEIDENHAIN controls.
* Sound setting experience and must be able to set without supervision.
* Ability to self-inspect parts produced and interpret and act upon CMM inspection results
* Experience and ability of editing programmes.
* Setting, proving out of programs and running both 3 and 5 axis machines, producing metallic finished components to the highest quality.
* Practical experience in all aspects of engineering practices including significant hands on experience of CNC machining.
* A minimum of 3 years experience of operating 5 Axis machine centres
* Experience in small volume production environment production of precision small batch components for the defence, aerospace and medical sectors.
* Manual handling aspects therefore must be used to following HSE elements found in a usual shop floor environment
* Ability to read from technical drawings and work to tight tolerances
* Able to work proactively - under limited instruction
* Team player who is flexible and can also work independently and under pressure
* Target and quality driven
* Excellent time keeping is essential
* Willingness to work overtime when required
* Be able to operate more than one machine at a time
* Work to achieve set production times and targets.
Please click 'Apply' to continue your application.