Role: Project Technician
Duration: 12 months
Location: Glasgow and on-site across Scotland
Our public sector client is seeking a positive, self-motivated individual with strong analytical and problem solving skills to join the Water Service Strategy team. The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting the delivery of a high profile project producing full spectrum asset risk profiles for their Water and Sewage Infrastructure Assets. The asset profiles will generate pipeline management plans which will promote prioritised Capital and Operational Maintenance Programmes as well as Risk Mitigation and Performance Enhancement Interventions.
The key responsibilities of the Project Technician would include:
- Preparation of field survey packages that will enable field teams to efficiently complete asset surveys.
- Assist the Field Surveyor in undertaking field survey of Strategic Water and Sewage Infrastructure Assets
- Planning and scheduling of daily field activities to ensure that surveys are carried out in a safe and effective manner.
- Capture key aspects of asset condition using a range of devices such as tablet (iPad), Laser Distance
- Measurer, camera and GPS.
- Responsibility and maintenance of survey equipment.
- Cleansing and formatting of survey data to ensure compliance with project requirements.
Prior experience in the Water industry would be beneficial although not essential. The candidate should be a reliable team player with the ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively to meet demanding deadlines.
Other key skills/points worthy of note for the position:
- Walking long distances/being on their feet for long periods will be a part of the daily job. Those uncomfortable with walking long distances need not apply.
- The ideal candidate would possess good knowledge and experience of using MS Office software such as Word and Excel.
- Must hold a full/valid Driving Licence.
- Staying away overnight will be part of the job from time-to-time; no more than four nights per week (ie not over/during weekends).
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.