Assessment And Intervention Adviser
We are currently seeking an Assessment & Intervention Adviser to provide expertise in the delivery and development of our assessment and intervention (A&I) programmes, including remediation plans.
Job Title: Assessment & Intervention Adviser
Location: (Flexible working arrangements for the right candidate)
NCAS (National Clinical Assessment Service) are an operating division of the NHS Litigation Authority. NCAS works across the country providing expert advice to support healthcare organisations and practitioners in resolving concerns about the performance of individual doctors, dentists and pharmacists.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a specialist team providing and advising on assessments and interventions.
The Assessment & Intervention Adviser will:
- Provide timely and expert operational and procedural advice on A&I cases, including on planning, assessment delivery (including case sampling, methodology and triangulation of findings) and report writing
- Support the development of NCAS’ assessment methods through effective evaluation and research and service development, including developing new services
- Develop, maintain and implement processes to quality assure A&I services, including assessment reports
- Contribute to decisions around the suitability of cases referred for A&I services, through membership of NCAS’ Assessment and Remediation Service Consideration Group, and communicate the rationale for the outcome with referring bodies
- Contribute to the publication and presentation of NCAS reports and research papers.
- You will review and quality assure assessment reports to ensure they are robust, defensible and meet NCAS’ quality standards.
- You will be a champion for NCAS’ assessment methodology, and will build and maintain relationships with national and international stakeholders to develop and promote best practice in assessment and remediation of practitioners.
- Your expertise and credibility in evidence-based assessment and education will support NCAS’ development.
To succeed in this Assessment & Intervention Adviser role you will:
- Have worked within the NHS or related academic environment at a senior level.
- You will have extensive knowledge, and practical experience of the implementation of, workplace-based assessment methods or clinical performance assessment as well as educational or other interventions used in the development of healthcare practitioners including those with suspected performance concerns.
For the right candidate, we are happy to consider flexible location and working arrangements (including secondments).
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to prepare a written exercise in advance and to deliver a presentation at the interview.
To submit your CV for this exciting Assessment & Intervention Adviser opportunity or for a confidential conversation, please click ‘Apply’ now.
Keywords: Social Worker, Practical Assessment, Safety Assessor, Intervention Advisor.
Apply for Assessment And Intervention Adviser
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly