Site Manager - Construction
A large Construction company have an exciting opportunity for a Site Manager to join a team to work across Paisley. Candidates will be from a construction background and will be working on projects typically in the region of GBP5-10 Million and will include working on Schools Colleges and Universities.
As a Site Manager you will be:
* Responsible for the safety and welfare of the general public, staff and supply chain within their control under the strict observance of the safety policy and in conjunction with the regional SHEQ team.
* Making Safety Personal by working safely, stopping work if unsafe and speaking up to address any safety concerns
* Participating in safety initiatives
* Responsible for the successful completion of the section of works/overall project and to lead by example in all that they do, managing the day to day delivery of construction projects; quality, time, procurement, contractors
* Managing sub-contractors, including monitoring of contractor attendance and progress; provide direct instruction and support as necessary such that contractual arrangements are achieved
The Ideal candidate will:
* Welcomes the challenge of more difficult work and exceeds targets set
* Communicates with colleagues and clients in a warm and persuasive way both formally and informally. Alters style and manner to suit audience
* Plans ahead, prioritise tasks and monitors progress against plan, making alterations where necessary. Organises material and human resources.
* Critically evaluates arguments or data, considers more than one solution and recommends most appropriate solution. Resolves complex problems.
* Assertively persuades others to accept a proposed solution or change their approach using logical argument and revising the views of others.
* Ensures that decisions are made; evaluates priorities and timescales and informs others of decisions. Reconsiders in the light of new information.
* Encourages, supports and values contributions of others, shares credit and responds positively to requests for help. Shares knowledge.
* Sets clear, challenging and appropriate objectives for others, monitoring and reviewing performance and using individual strengths effectively
* Guides and coaches others and gives constructive feedback. Encourages a questioning attitude in colleagues and subordinates
* Uses acquired knowledge and skills to perform new job related tasks, seeking advice and guidance where necessary
* Monitors customer satisfaction and identifies areas for improvement
* Understands the market in which the company operates. Able to relate company commercial strategy to own activities. Monitors and controls cost against budget.
To apply for this role please send through your CV for consideration and we will be in touch should your experience match our criteria. Unfortunately due to high volume we will only be able to contact those who have been shortlisted
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.