Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
A vacancy has arisen for a School Caretaker to undertake caretaker services to schools and buildings within the Kemney Community School Network.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
This post is regulated work with children under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required. You will be required to provide this check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
This position is a permanent position with no set hours contracted to work as and when required.
Informal enquiries to Ian Allan - 01467643535
- Ensure the provision of an effective caretaker service
- Open and close establishments and provide a security service to educational establishments and other buildings
- Ensure operation of heating plant and lighting system
- Monitor and undertake cleaning services
- Undertake porterage duties
- Assist in the fulfilment of health and safety responsibilities within the establishment
- Provide general support services
- Undertake pool plant duties, where necessary, in individual locations, (specific training will be provided)
- Academic achievement to Scottish National Level 4 or 5, Standard Grades or equivalent transferable experience and skills
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work on own initiative, working unsupervised and within a team
- Ability to undertake heavy lifting and handling
- Good communication and organisational skills
- First Aid Certificate
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Previous experience of dealing with the public, including young children
- Knowledge of building utilities and operational systems
Job Profile School Caretaker 2008-11-20.pdf
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf