Skilled Road Worker
6 days left
- Full Time
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
A vacancy has arisen for a Skilled Road Worker to assist, generally as part of a team, in the maintenance and construction of roads and drains and participate in winter maintenance operations.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
Informal enquiries to Ralph Singleton 01975564926
- Undertake skilled operations connected with roads and drains
- Operation of powered heavy plant
- Experience of roadworks, civil engineering or within the construction industry
- Current valid driving licence
- Awareness of Health & Safety issues
- Self-motivated team worker
- Ability to work out with normal hours including on stand by / call out rota
- Mature attitude
- Willingness to be involved in winter maintenance operations.
- Experience of road maintenance
- Experience of winter maintenance operations
- LGV Licence
- Smart Card
- HAUC Certificate
- Chapter 8 Signing
- C&G Certificate in winter maintenance
- NVQ level 2 in road maintenance
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf