Teacher of Home Economics, St Kentigern's Ac, 21.3, CD 09/10/2016
Teacher of Home Economics, St Kentigern's Academy, Blackburn, 35 hours per week, closing date 9th October 2016
St Kentigern’s Academy is a Catholic secondary school situated in Blackburn, West Lothian. The school has ten associated primary schools drawing a comprehensive mix of students and serves the communities of Blackburn, Whitburn, Bathgate, Armadale, Linlithgow, Fauldhouse, West Calder, Polbeth, Stoneyburn and Addiewell. The current school roll is 1195 Students with 90 members of teaching staff including those designated to support students with additional learning needs. The school’s free meal entitlement (FME) for session 2015/16 was 19.1%.
St Kentigern’s Academy has an excellent reputation in the local community, particularly for the high standards of conduct and confidence displayed by students. In addition to the formal curriculum, a wide range of extra-curricular and out-of-hours activities are on offer. The school receives a high level of support and encouragement from parents. Attendance at parents’ evenings is good, and information and consultation exercises are well supported.
- To provide a Christian community in which all members are equally respected, are treated fairly and are able to seek advice.
- To promote the highest standards of achievement and attainment for all our Students.
- To provide learning and teaching environment and an effective curriculum that encourages each young person to develop his or her full potential academically, spiritually and socially.
- To encourage young people to develop as responsible citizens, successful learners, effective contributors and confident individuals.
- To promote effective communication and partnership between school, home, parish and the groups and agencies that support our school.
- To help young people to play a full and active part in the life of their community and to encourage participation by parents and the wider community in the life and work of the school.
The current priorities for session 2015-2016 are:
West Lothian Council are committed to far reaching changes to the way we deliver our Education Services. These changes include giving you the support and environment that you need to get on with your job and develop your abilities. Our dedication is demonstrated by the whole council achievement of the Investors in People Standard and always aiming a little higher in our service delivery and improvements.
A relevant teaching qualification and registration with the General Teaching Council for Scotland is essential.
Written approval by the Catholic Church will be required for this position. Please see www.sces.uk.com for further information.
This post is considered Regulated Work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scotland Act 2007. From 28 February 2011 preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.
21.3 - Teacher of Home Economics - St Kentigern's Academy.pdf