Configuration Management and Deployment Manager - Glasgow - Circa GBP500
Durham Professional Services is delighted to be recruiting for our worldwide client which is currently looking for a Configuration Management and Deployment Manager based in Glasgow.
This role will have overall responsibility for the Configuration Management and Deployment service provided by our client to their end client and delivery of end to end Configuration Management and Deployment services to the client across the portfolio of change programmes/projects and delivery life cycle environments. The role will sit within our clients account team and report to the Senior Delivery Manager. The role will require interacting with a number of the client's technical and business stakeholders, internal stakeholders and external 3rd parties.
- Development and maintenance of the Configuration Management and Deployment (CMD) service strategy;
- Development and maintenance of the CMD Service continuous improvement plan;
- Ownership of and responsibility for any CMD specific change projects;
- Leadership and management of the Configuration Management and Deployment team (1 onshore, 4 offshore). Line management responsibility for the onshore resource.
- Strong experience in a Configuration Management and Deployment environment specifically in a management role.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience of CMD tools including CVS, PVCS, HUDSON, APEX Release Management Application, SVN, Jenkins, Maven, SonarQube and Artifactory extremely desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including status reporting and presenting solutions and options - able to tailor the message to suit the audience; ie able to communicate with senior managers at a strategic level but also able to understand the detail at a technical level and communicate with technical resources
- Experience working in an onshore-offshore model is mandatory with the ability and experience of working with a diverse group of technically experienced resources - must be able to demonstrate experience with managing conflicts and disagreements at the workplace
- Ability to demonstrate experience of implementing continuous improvement in a CMD setting
Our client offers a substantial benefits package as well as a strong Market Balanced Basic salary and a real opportunity to gain exceptional training and career progressing experience. For more details, please send your CV to (see below) or call for more details.