Salary: GBP35,000 - GBP45,000 + benefits
A 150 year old company founded on the principles of self-reliance and community, Royal London is the UK's largest mutual pensions, insurance and investment company. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 3,106 people across operations in London, Bath, Edinburgh, Wilmslow, Glasgow and Reading, with Group funds under management of GBP93.8 billion.
Owned by our members, rather than by shareholders, our financial performance is robust over both the short and long term. Our aim is to become the most trusted and recommended provider of insurance and investment products in the eyes of our customers.
We have an exciting permanent opportunity for an experienced UX Designer to join our small design team based in Edinburgh. The successful candidate will work closely with key business stakeholders and project teams taking ownership for delivering user experience designs. You will work with the proposition teams to help shape the customer journey, conceptualise design and prototype ideas which deliver the most effective products and features for our customers whilst meeting the business strategic goals.
- Work with Proposition teams to help shape the customer journeys required to best deliver our desired strategic goals
- Work with Proposition and project teams to conceptualise design and prototype ideas which deliver the most effective products and features for our customers
- Own and drive user research activities with key stakeholders/customers to effectively extract requirements, set vision, iterate through ideas and present the appropriate solutions
- Use personal influence to gain buy in from key stakeholders and other team members
- Influence user experience strategy, own and develop UX patterns for use across RLG
- Conduct usability testing on design concepts to provide confidence in the design
- Conduct and contribute to design peer reviews to ensure consistency and clarity of design rationale
- Develop and maintain design wireframes which clearly articulates the UX requirements for a task
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- Proven track record of working within a similar UX Design position
- Extensive understanding of usability, research methodologies, information architecture and complex interaction design
- Excellent understanding of accessibility standards
- Excellent understanding of user-centred design
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proven track record for designing excellent user interfaces
- Practical application of rapid prototyping/wire-framing using Axure
- Experience using visual design tools such as Adobe Illustrator or similar
- Experience of using research tools such as GoToMeeting or Morae
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Excellent problem solving skills and a strong drive to deliver
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below. For any further queries regarding the role, please contact (see below) or please call.