Up to GBP33,000 subject to relevant experience + Excellent Benefits
Location: Edinburgh or Glasgow
Royal London is the largest mutual life, pensions and investment company in the UK, with Group funds under management of GBP84.5 billion. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 2,988 people. (Figures quoted are as at 31 December 2015).
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, Royal London started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper's grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first. Our vision is making mutuality meaningful by becoming the most trusted & recommended financial company.
We have an exciting permanent opportunity for a Claims Assessor to join the Claims Team in either Edinburgh or Glasgow. Focusing on Protection Insurance, this role offers a great opportunity to utilise your existing claims investigation experience within a leading financial organisation.
As a Claims Assessor, the focus of your role will be to collate all relevant information on claims to ensure that they are genuine, assessing their validity in line with underwriting and claims standards while delivering an excellent service to all customers that differentiates Royal London from our competitors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Quick and sensitive resolution of claims
- Process claims within the required service standards and in accordance with the department objectives, providing fair treatment to customers at all times
- Effective communication with claimants, representatives and third parties, managing expectations throughout the claims process
- Assess claims in line with authority limits and required service and philosophy standards
- Effective management of claims costs throughout the claims process, and continually look for opportunities to reduce these costs
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team, implementing your own ideas to improve customer service and efficiency, and encourage other team members to do the same
- Manage multi-channel correspondence such as emails, written correspondence and increasingly, telephone calls.
- Act as a reference point, giving guidance on cases and referrals, reducing the number of cases to be seen by the technical claims manager
- Exceed and maintain the required quality and accuracy targets
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Knowledge and experience of Protection Claims Assessment, including Death, Critical Illness and Disability claims
- Understanding of risk
- Experience of working within agreed authority levels
- Understand the different elements of a claim - financial, medical, occupational, the duty of disclosure, non-medical limits, anti-selection
- Strong understanding of customer service requirements and service standards
- Experience of investigative techniques and evidence gathering options
- Ability to analyse complex medical and financial information
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to handle complex telephone conversations
- Excellent organisation and administration skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Enthusiastic and positive can-do attitude with a willingness to learn
To apply for this position, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact.