Clerk of Works
Clerk of Works
We are looking for an experienced Clerk of Works to work with other professional disciplines within our client's strategic management team to inspect and report on construction works in progress on site.
You will be responsible for ensuring works are constructed in accordance with contract drawings, instructions, specifications and high professional standards. Compliance with all relevant current legislation and health and safety responsibilities must also be maintained.
You will have a proven track record of report writing and maintaining written and photographic records of works in progress, while you will be required to attend and contribute to site progress and technical meetings.
Essential Requirements for this Role:
- Substantial experience of Construction site inspection.
- Educated to HNC or equivalent in relevant construction discipline and/or able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge, skills and competencies gained through relevant experience.
- A recognised qualification in the building construction field, with a minimum of a City and Guilds (or equivalent) in a relevant building trade at HNC/SVQ Level 3
- Basic Disclosure is essential.
- A current clean driving licence and use of a vehicle.
- Experience of working on a range of construction types and scales including new build and refurbishment projects.
- Technical competence and understanding of technical drawings and specifications.
- Sound knowledge of Building Regulations.
- Effective project management skills.
- Ability to establish appropriate working relationships with contractors.
- A skilled user of Microsoft Office.
- Technical knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Experience of liaising with tenants in social housing and schools.
If you are interested in the role please contact Alex Thurlow.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.