Early Years Practitioner
3 days left
- Full Time
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
A vacancy has arisen for a Early Years Practitioner to act as a member of Early Learning and Childcare team, with full involvement in the work of the Early Level curriculum, and where appropriate the pre-Birth to Three Framework, helping to contribute to the care and education of children.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
This post is regulated work with children under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required. You will be required to provide this check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
This post has a minimum requirement of 2 references, one of these must be your current or most recent employer.
Interviews expected to take place on 6th October 2016
Informal enquiries to Scott Calder - 01467634380
- Contribute to planning and implementation of a curricular programme which meets the needs of the individual child in line with National and Local standards
- Observe and interact with children in order to support their learning & record and report on individual children’s progress in line with the Council’s policy and procedures
- Collaborate and participate in partnership and outreach work with others involved in children’s learning and development (e.g. parents, carers, teaching staff, health visitors) at all times maintaining confidentially
- Contribute to assessment and reporting of children’s progress
- Contribute to the delivery of the Early Level curriculum in line with pre-determined policy and procedures and where appropriate the pre-Birth to Three Framework.
- Participate in all aspects of team work within the unit including training of students, preparation and care of resources, maintenance of cleanliness and hygiene and contributing to staff discussions
- Keep abreast of early years initiatives and developments and participate in continuing professional development in line with Council policy and procedures
- Undertake an active role in all aspects of care which meet the needs of the individual child in line with the Council’s duty of care and the principles of GIRFEC
- NNEB; SNNB; HNC (Childcare), SVQ Level 3 (Early Education and Childcare) or equivalent.
- Meet the requirements of the Scottish Social Services Council (or achieve this within 6 months of appointment)
- Experience of working with children aged 3-5 years of age
- Experience of working with parents, young children, and associated agencies
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate learning activities
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Flexible with the ability to use initiative
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to develop professional expertise
- Food Handling qualification.
- First Aid qualification
- Experience of working with the pre-Birth to Three Framework
- Ability to be creative in the working environment
- Awareness of ‘Getting it right for every child’ (GIRFEC)
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf
Job Profile Early Years Practitioner 2016-07-21.pdf