Mini Bus Driver
3 days left
- Full Time
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
A vacancy has arisen for a mini bus driver. You will be required to operate Council vehicles, transporting clients including children and adults at risk to and from Local Authority establishments.
This involves individual working and requires good communication with local authority staff, clients, parents and members of the public.
This post is regulated work with children and protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required. You will be required to provide this check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
Aberdeenshire Council currently applies a Living Wage Supplement to all Council employees earning less than £8.33 per hour - See more at: https://www.myjobscotland.gov.uk/councils/aberdeenshire-council/jobs/relief-school-crossing-patroller-60499#sthash.hpYCrXRb.dpuf
Shift Pattern – role works split shift Monday - Friday approx 0730-0930 and 1430-1630
Informal enquiries to Charlie Shaw - 01224665197
- To operate Aberdeenshire Council multi purpose vehicles
- To ensure the comfort, safety and welfare of all clients carried
- To supervise and assist passenger boarding and alighting
- To undertake basic vehicle maintenance checks and routine vehicle cleaning
- To adhere to all relevant drivers regulations and health and safety requirements
- Experience of driving of PCVs
- Category D1 licence
- Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme (MiDAS) - you have a current MiDAS certificate or willing to obtain. Support will be provided to obtain the MiDAS certificate.
- Good communication skills
- Basic numeric skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Able to carry out duties such as assisting wheelchair bound passengers
- Courteous and customer friendly
- SVQ Level II on Transportation of Passengers
- Basic First Aid Certificate
- Previous use of safety and mobility aids relating to accessible vehicles
- Experience of working with children and adults at risk
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf